OS X Auditor is a free Mac OS X computer forensics tool.
OS X Auditor parses and hashes the following artifacts on the running system or a copy of a system you want to analyze:
- the kernel extensions
- the system agents and daemons
- the third party’s agents and daemons
- the old and deprecated system and third party’s startup items
- the users’ agents
- the users’ downloaded files
- the installed applications
- the users’ quarantined files
- the users’ Safari history, downloads, topsites, LastSession, HTML5 databases and localstore
- the users’ Firefox cookies, downloads, formhistory, permissions, places and signons
- the users’ Chrome history and archives history, cookies, login data, top sites, web data, HTML5 databases and local storage
- the users’ social and email accounts
- the WiFi access points the audited system has been connected to (and tries to geolocate them)
Posts tagged with osx.
Subscribe to the osx tag feed.
The TextBundle file format aims to provide a more seamless user expericence when exchanging Markdown files between sandboxed applications.
TextBundles are package files containing a Markdown-formatted text file, a JSON metadata file and a directory of ‘assets’—images, &c.—referenced in the text file.
A Mac PreferencePane for managing services with launchd/launchctl. LaunchRocket was primarily created for managing various services installed by Homebrew, though it should work with most launchd-compatible plists.
Spillo is a Pinboard client for OS X. It offers some useful organisational tools—‘collections’ let you gather bookmarks together according to various rules, you can create saved searches filtered by tag or username—and lets you save bookmarks quickly via the application’s ‘bookmark creation window’ or browser extensions.
Via Brett Terpstra, who has rustled up a handy Spillo bookmarklet.
dot-clipboard monitors your clipboard and runs user-defined scripts based on the clipboard content.
MiniPlayer let you control and search your Music with all the most popular Apps. It supports iTunes, Spotify, Rdio… and is extensible to any other App you like
Intermission lets you pause and rewind live audio on your computer. With Intermission, you can jump back and replay something you missed, then resume live playback.
Liya allows a user to access three Database Systems simultaneously from a single visual interface.
Liya can access MySQL, PostgreSQL & SQLite3 databases, all in the same way, using a simple 3-panel display — one panel for selecting the database and the table, another for editing the table structure, and the last for editing the contents of the table.
Aether is a free app that you use to read, write in, and create community moderated, distributed, and anonymous forums, an “anonymous Reddit without servers.”
For OS X and Windows.
MacDown is an open source Markdown editor for OS X, released under the MIT License. It is heavily influenced by Chen Luo’s Mou.
Lightweight OSX player for The Hype Machine.
Afloat is a Mac extender that adds useful window management commands to most Mac apps.