A customized bash shell suitable for git work.
The git-sh command starts an interactive bash shell tweaked for heavy git interaction:
- All git commands available at top-level (checkout master = git checkout master)
- All git aliases defined in the [alias] section of ~/.gitconfig available at top-level.
- Shawn O. Pearce’s excellent bash completion strapped onto all core commands and git aliases.
- Custom prompt with current branch, repository, and work tree dirty indicator.
- Customizable via /etc/gitshrc and ~/.gitshrc config files; for creating aliases, changing the prompt, etc.
- Runs on top of normal bash (~/.bashrc) and readline (~/.inputrc) configurations.
Posts tagged with crossplatform.
Subscribe to the crossplatform tag feed.
percol is an interactive grep tool in your terminal. percol
- receives input lines from stdin or a file,
- lists up the input lines,
- waits for your input that filter/select the line(s),
- and finally outputs the selected line(s) to stdout.
Since percol just filters the input and output the result to stdout, it can be used in command-chains with
|in your shell.
stdinsupport to any CLI app that accepts file input.
A command-line based markdown presentation tool.
Cram is a functional testing framework for command line applications based on Mercurial’s unified test format.
Cram tests look like snippets of interactive shell sessions. Cram runs each command and compares the command output in the test with the command’s actual output.
pup is a command line tool for processing HTML. It reads from stdin, prints to stdout, and allows the user to filter parts of the page using CSS selectors.
Inspired by jq, pup aims to be a fast and flexible way of exploring HTML from the terminal.
Willie is a simple, lightweight, open source, easy-to-use IRC utility bot, written in Python. It’s designed to be easy to use, easy to run, and easy to make new features for.
Willie comes with a ton of ready-made features for you to use. It can leave notes for people, give you reminders, check RSS feeds, and much more.
sshrc works just like ssh, but it also sources the ~/.sshrc on your local computer after logging in remotely.
You can use this to set environment variables, define functions, and run post-login commands. It’s that simple, and it won’t impact other users on the server - even if they use sshrc too. This makes sshrc very useful if you share a server with multiple users and can’t edit the server’s ~/.bashrc without affecting them, or if you have several servers that you don’t want to configure independently.
Create and update WordPress weblog entries directly from AsciiDoc (or HTML) source documents. You can also delete and list weblog entries from the command-line.
- Manages WordPress Posts and Pages.
- Automatically uploads media files (images, video, audio).
- Only posts new or modified content and media files.
- Manages WordPress weblog categories.
NodeBB Forum Software is powered by Node.js and built on a Redis database. It utilizes web sockets for instant interactions and real-time notifications. NodeBB is compatible down to IE8 and has many modern features out of the box such as social network integration and streaming discussions.
AMANDA, the Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver, is a backup solution that allows the IT administrator to set up a single master backup server to back up multiple hosts over network to tape drives/changers or disks or optical media. Amanda uses native utilities and formats (e.g. dump and/or GNU tar) and can back up a large number of servers and workstations running multiple versions of Linux or Unix. Amanda uses a native Windows client to back up Microsoft Windows desktops and servers.
v uses viminfo’s list of recently edited files to open one quickly no matter where you are in the filesystem.
By default, it will open the most recently edited file matching all of the provided regular expressions.
Cgrep is a grep tool suitable for searching in large code repositories. It supports 30 programming languages and searches that go beyond the simple pattern matching. It enables context-aware filtering and semantic searches through wildcard and combinators.