Tiny bash HTTP server using netcat.
Posts tagged with bash.
Subscribe to the bash tag feed.
A collection of libraries to simplify writing bash scripts.
A customized bash shell suitable for git work.
The git-sh command starts an interactive bash shell tweaked for heavy git interaction:
- All git commands available at top-level (checkout master = git checkout master)
- All git aliases defined in the [alias] section of ~/.gitconfig available at top-level.
- Shawn O. Pearce’s excellent bash completion strapped onto all core commands and git aliases.
- Custom prompt with current branch, repository, and work tree dirty indicator.
- Customizable via /etc/gitshrc and ~/.gitshrc config files; for creating aliases, changing the prompt, etc.
- Runs on top of normal bash (~/.bashrc) and readline (~/.inputrc) configurations.
HSTR is a command line utility that brings improved BASH command completion from the history. It aims to make completion easier and more efficient than Ctrl-r.
Shellshock (CVE-2014-6271, CVE-2014-7169, CVE-2014-7186, CVE-2014-7187, CVE-2014-6277) is a vulnerability in GNU’s bash shell that gives attackers access to run remote commands on a vulnerable system.
You can use this website to test if your system is vulnerable, and also learn how to patch the vulnerability so you are no longer at risk for attack.
Bats is a TAP-compliant testing framework for Bash. It provides a simple way to verify that the UNIX programs you write behave as expected.
A Bats test file is a Bash script with special syntax for defining test cases. Under the hood, each test case is just a function with a description.
Shundle is a simple plugin manager for general purpose shells
Plugins can be loaded from Github, the web or local files. Worth a look if your shell
rc file is getting out of hand.
Expedient travel around the filesystem using user-created bookmarks
Change to a directory, run
j add and enter an alias for it; run
j alias to jump to the directory in question.
Dropbox Uploader is a BASH script which can be used to upload, download, list or delete files from Dropbox, an online file sharing, synchronization and backup service.
A set of scripts to create custom shell environments for different activities
Bash only, though support for more shells is planned.
Bashstrap is a quick way to spruce up OSX terminal. It cuts out the fluff, adds in timesaving features, and provides a solid foundation for customizing your terminal style.
A bash only script to deploy $HOME dot files accrossing different hosts.